When I told my students to do a snow dance for homework, they must have tried... but not hard enough!! :) We didn't get any snow with this 3 hour delay, but we did get a little more sleep!
The next day we went to see the North Carolina Symphony. It was wonderful. The conductor was SO engaging with all the fourth grade students. And, I got to see some sweet friends from the NCSU Scarlet Cohort who I haven't seen in forever!
The Symphony was at Meymandi Concert Hall, so it instantly took me back to "when I became a woman," (haha) as a North Carolina Debutante in 2010.
Me and my Chief Marshal, my Dad
Stu buttoning my gloves! :)
One of my best guy friends, and my handsome date for the weekend!
And finally, two of my best girls of all time. Stephanie and Coleman.
I also got a very special gift from another fourth grade teacher this week. He found out about my trip to Brazil, so he gave me a book called, "The River of Doubt." It's about Theodore Roosevelt's journey through the rainforest of Brazil! I can't wait to read it!
And in Brazil news- We also had our first language class! Our teacher rocks. IT WAS SO FUN. These people are the reason why...
Bring it on, Portuguese.
You'll be hearing more about these characters when in Brazil! :) This is Lucy, Jennifer, KeJuan, Molly, Abby, and Rachel.
Tchau!






No comments:
Post a Comment