Friday, January 18, 2013

Update


Week two of student teaching complete! What a special group I have. They are so fun to teach and a joy to laugh with. My favorite part is when they ask me questions like I’m a celebrity. “Is college like the greatest thing ever?” “Did you get engaged and then tell the boy no?” “Are you going to ride a horse with those boots?” “Are you from Texas? You sure sound like it!”

And my personal favorite: When one of my students saw this picture on my desktop, she said, “Does your brother like having a mohawk?”


I said… It was the wind.
Never a dull moment, that’s for sure :)

This is my first family introduction. Meet Stuart. He's my big brother, and I want to be just like him when I grow up. When I was in high school someone once said these words to me talking about Stu... "You've got some big shoes to fill." 


On another note... an update on Brazil. Flights are booked! It’s becoming so real! We are thrilled beyond words. And for everyone that knows me well, you know that I get really excited about really little things. So here’s a Sneak Peek of what’s to come: zip lines, 8 people snuggled in a hotel room, and the Brazil Bucket List (c/o Molly Aldridge).



-Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment